Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Introduction

Hello.  I want to utilize this first post as a brief introduction to who I am and the purpose of this blog.  In recent years I have become extremely infatuated with taverns that serve cocktails reminiscent of the "Golden Era."  I continue to make a strong effort in seeking out hidden speakeasy-esque establishments around the greater Los Angeles area to experience the outstanding concoctions made by the finest mixologists.  There have been a couple standouts that I frequent, probably too often, and its slowing creeping into my saving-that-money-for-the-future fund.  So I have decided to take this "mixology" into my own hands by turning it into a hobby.  Thanks to my wonderful boyfriend who purchased a book for me that explores the art and allure of the classic cocktail, I am now starting to fuse my own liquors, create my own cordials and develop my own personal flavor profiles.  Entertaining this hobby may seem expensive, but it really isn't.  In short, the purpose of this blog is to chronicle my creations and track my journey into this new found hobby of mine.  I hope you, whoever you are, will enjoy the ride with me and feel inspired to try some of your own creations in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff! I'm excited to see what else you come up with, it's all delicious so far! I'm going to tweak your lavender syrup recipe for an earl grey iced tea I'm making today.

    ReplyDelete